Friday, March 16, 2007

St Eustace Part 7

Took care of an early errand up in Neptune this morning. It was raining when I set out, stinging sleet as I was ready to return home. Roads were still not freezing up, so I diverted to the Studio to pick up my watercolor stuff and the copy of the new print that I stretched yesterday. Got home without any further difficulties. As I watched the frozen slush build up on the front steps and street, I knew I would be in for the rest of the day, and if it was as bad as some predictions said, maybe stuck here for a while tomorrow. Lots to do, but in the evening I found time to start the coloring process on this proof. This is as far as I was willing to take it this evening. There's always a big difference between how the color looks at night under incandescent bulbs, and how it will look in the day tomorrow. And this will give me time to consider what's done so far, and what remains. The rug will likely be red tones, to balance the patches of green. The deer head will be colored appropriately, and the books on the shelf will be what makes sense after all the rest is done, likely some neutralized colors. I may also make adjustments to the current colors, but like I said, that decision comes tomorrow.

Oh yeah, the Salukis won their first game in the NCAA Tournament. We in the NYC area got to see a whole minute of it. Still, on to the next round. And the weather did ease up and a plow did eventually clear my street, so I should have no trouble making it to tomorrow's reception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home