Saturday, March 10, 2007

St Eustace Part 3

In the morning I got a couple of framed pieces ready for the Juried Art Show at the BAC. This is one of those drop off for jurying deals, so I won't know if I'm actually in it until Thursday. I got there toward the end of the receiving period and found a line almost out the door, and work already stacked up at least 5 deep against every wall. Something like 170 pieces came in today.

From there I went up to the Studio to continue work on my St Eustace block. Started the cutting today- date and border first as always, then the name, then began working on the interior scene. This piece of wood cuts pretty easily, so I made good progress in 2+ hours. This image has a lot of architectural detail, and that wall on the left side of the block took most of my time. What's left won't be as difficult, so I should be able to finish the cutting tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home