Sunday, February 25, 2007

Working The Phones


One of those PCNJ shows I referred to a few days ago is called Process Exposed, which will show finished prints, as well as the original matrix (block, plate, etc), sketches, state proofs-- all the stuff that is part of the creative process. It's the kind of thing I do with this blog, but for this show they want people who aren't the regular crowd. Got a few of my Jersey friends in touch with our gallery coordinator, so now I'm extending outward to the midwest. John Siblik came to mind, partly from having seen him just last weekend, but also because of his habit of thoroughly working out his ideas with sketches, models, and the like. For example, before building and installing his Farting Machine on campus in 1994 (shown above) he started with a written proposal, sketches, and a maquette (model). He brings the same effort to his 2D work and that includes some nice prints I've seen in recent years. So I called him yesterday, told him about the show, and he's excited by the idea. Today I sent his information to our gallery coordinator, and if it all works out John will be part of the show in May. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home