Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Time For New Wood

Although I don't have a new project ready to start, I figured today was a good day to pick up some new wood. The weather was nice, had nowhere I had to be right away, and I was not far from a home center. So after work I picked up two 2'x4' panels of 1/4" lauan plywood. Some of this I may use, but most of it I'll be cutting into small pieces to distribute to the students in my 2D classes, who will all be starting a woodcut project in a few weeks. Normally I'd go right to the Studio to drop it off, but I know that at that time the building is choked with dance students and I won't find any nearby parking, so I just brought it all home for now.

I went out in the evening to participate in a meeting at the BAC regarding the upcoming annual juried show. Since I have a lot of exhibition related experience I figured I could contribute, and I think I did.

In between, in honor of today being Mardi Gras, I ate a mountain of jambalaya and listened to highlights from my collection of cajun and zydeco music. This may not have much to do with art, but here at Arrabbiata, we appreciate spicy foods from all cultures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home