Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Student Art Show

Went into work a few hours before class today so that I could hang work for the annual Student Art Exhibition at my community college. I put together a small selection of work representing all 3 classes I taught last semester. Some of this work was pulled from student portfolios abandoned in the classroom since last fall, some I arranged to be dropped off over the last week by e-mail, and some was brought in tonight by students in my Figure class who I also had last fall. Printmaking isn't taught there, so there isn't much printmaking in the show. (Lots of digital art on display, but I don't count that.) But you know that I'm going to expose my students to printmaking, and since I do have print projects in a few of my classes, there are prints in my contribution to the show- a monotype from my Basic Drawing class, and 3 woodcuts (with one more to come in a few days) from my 2D class. Now all the students who see the show get exposed to a little printmaking and that's a good thing in my view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home