Sunday, February 18, 2007

ArtWalk 2007

Today was the annual Belmar Art Walk, an event that puts art in various downtown locations (some galleries, but also stores, restaurants, etc) with some scheduled events along the way. I guess it's partly about getting people on Main Street in winter, but it's also an opportunity to promote local artists and arts in general. Now that the Belmar Art Council has our new building in shape, we arranged to be an open location and put on a reception as the last stop of the day. The Members' Salon show is still up, and there was a 3 piece jazz combo in our little stage alcove to provide live music. A good crowd showed up, at least 30 or 40 people during the time I was there. I talked about my art and process with some people, handed out a few postcards. I'm still pretty exhausted from my NYC trip, so I didn't hang on until the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home