Friday, February 09, 2007

Hunterdon Prospectus

Just got the prospectus for the 51st Annual Juried Print Exhibition at the Hunterdon Museum in Clinton, NJ. In recent years I've cut back on entering a lot of juried shows, but this is one I'll probably send in. I had been aware of this show for a few years, but only entered for the first time when I received an unsolicited prospectus in 2002. Sent in an entry and the juror chose Delay not the fulfillment of a vow to God for the show. Turned out to be a nice show, and my print even was discussed in the NY Times review of the show. Additionally, then exhibition curator Donna Gustafson selected mine to be part of a smaller travelling version. Sent in again in 2003 and had another accepted, my September 11 piece. The curator was again impressed with my contribution and was open to the idea of hosting a solo show of my work, so I sent in a proposal. The next year I moved and called her to update my contact info. Maybe it was good to remind her that I was interested, because a few weeks later she offered me a slot that opened up for later in the summer, a show featuring my Scenes from the Grand Opening series and an assortment of other work. Great space, had lots of viewers, tons of publicity. Because of my good experiences there (as well as being a chance to see a lot of my NJ print world friends) I have continued to enter the juried show. However, my friendly curator has moved on, and the last few times the various jurors declined all my entries. I figure it's worth another try- I have some good recent work that hasn't been seen widely yet (or at all) and not much else lined up for the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home