Monday, February 05, 2007

Furniture Mover


Pretty much all my time since the last entry has been occupied with teaching and tv sports. And it's all been bookended by moving my old studio chair around from one end of the state to the other. I first got this chair in Carbondale, left in my studio by the previous occupant. A bit rickety, with an unattached wooden seat that didn't quite span the seat frame, so I cut a piece of scrap plywood to slide in between. Brought it back to NJ where it was my desk chair for several years. Now it's back fulfilling its old function at Studio Arrabbiata. Meanwhile, it regularly makes appearances in my classes. Last Wednesday it was in my figure class, where the removable seat makes it ideal for posing the skeleton. (they tend to slide out of regular chairs) Today I had my intro class drawing all the negative spaces in it. In future weeks it will be paired with my philodendron as a drawing prop in my 2D classes. After today's appearance in North Jersey, I dropped it off at the Studio on the way home. Since I didn't have my camera with me, I'm posting a woodcut image of it from my Fourth of July series, where it represented June 29.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home