Saturday, February 10, 2007

One Of Those Days


Not a bad day, just one where I didn't get as much done as I could have. Set out in the afternoon, first stop the photo store in Belmar to see if my slide dupes were ready. I still don't know, because it was closed, maybe 5 minutes before I got there. Drove a few blocks to the Boatworks to see what was going on there. There were a couple of BAC members there, so I stopped in and we had fun talking about stuff. Kevin and I spent some time talking about my Everyman series (he'd seen most of them last year at Landmark Books) . There's a good chance that my next print will be a new saint print--more on that later. From there I went up to the Studio. The plan was to mostly drop off/pick up, but I brought a sketchbook in case I felt like working on some ideas. That proved impossible as it turned out Molly was hosting a birthday party for her two daughters and several small excitable children. Earlier she had the kids do small drawings, which she had arranged into a composition and burned onto a silkscreen. I was there to see her print a bunch of these on paper (see above) and assorted tiny t-shirts for the kids. The resulting image is not my style, but was at least as good as a lot of stuff you'll find on gallery walls. I did accomplish my minimum goals-- dropped off some print supplies and reference material and picked up a wooden tripod easel I'll need for class this week--and I got some free pizza and raspberry sherbet to boot. So I'll sketch tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home