Thursday, March 08, 2007

St Eustace Part 2


I found myself with a little extra free time last night when the community college I teach at on Wednesday nights decided early in the afternoon to cancel all classes after 4 pm due to the snow that had been falling all day. Near me the accumulations were minimal, so I had spent the earlier part of the day working at my sub job, leaving me not far from the Studio around 4, with no reason to rush home. So I stopped by and picked up the St Eustace block to finish the drawing. Normally I would prefer to work on it there, but the building parking lot was still snow covered (unlike all the roads), and with the dance class kids arrival imminent, I figured I should get out fast. That parking lot is bad enough on dance class days when the ground is dry and you can see the space markers. Besides, the reference sketches I had been making for the remaining parts were at home. Late last night I put in some time working on the block drawing, and more this morning, maybe a couple of hours overall. I think it's more or less ready to go, but unless I start it as part of a woodcut demo in my 2D class on Friday, the cutting will wait until the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home