Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Art From Sun To Sun


It's been a long day and art has been a part of it from end to end.

First thing in the morning I was online, and as part of that, printed out a copy of the guidelines for the NJ artist grants. Also verified the times and dates of the workshops.

Next thing was going downtown to drop off the application form for the Manasquan Art Walk on June 23. I had to wait a few minutes for the chamber of commerce to open up, but then it was just handing over the form. I was told that I'll likely be officially notified this Friday of my acceptance, and I may learn ahead of the event where I'll be setting up my display. If I do find out anything ahead of time, I'll post it for those who want to come looking.

After that I was at my day job for the usual deal. As it turned out, we had enough people working today that I was able to leave early so I could get to Red Bank in time for today's information session/workshop at the Two Rivers Theatre Company. I walked into the room to see only two other people sitting there. These turned out to be fellow works on paper applicant Erin Marie Dunn (no prints, but you can see her drawings and animations on her website) and her mother. Last time I went to one of these we had like 30 people. I blame the low turnout on the 3:30 start time and the very short notice. The good thing was that we got a presentation tailored specifically to the needs of our category. Part of today was a screen by screen presentation of the application procedure, during which pretty much all the questions I had about the image uploading were answered. Learned about some of the other new features of the online applications as well. I'm much more confident about using the system now.

After things finally finished up at the workshop, I fought my way out of the Red Bank rush hour traffic and headed home. Waiting for me was the usual assortment of mail, traditional and electronic. Years as an artist get you on a lot of lists. Postcard for a group show at a nearby gallery. Newsletter for an artist colony I attended once. Renewal form for membership in an arts organization. Information about the series of workshops I just attended today. Reminder of a meeting of a local arts organization tomorrow. Stuff from people at the colleges I work at. I did nothing today relating to the making of any artwork, but I took care of a lot of art business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home