Saturday, May 26, 2007

St Thecla of Iconium Part 5




On my way out of town I stopped at the photo store in Belmar to pick up the slides I dropped off a few weeks ago. This is all student work from this past spring. Held up to the light they look good. Since I don't need them before the fall, it may be a while before I get around to projecting them.

I spent a few productive hours in the Studio this afternoon. As I expected, finishing the cutting of the new block didn't take long- maybe 20 minutes to finish the pillows, stuffed animal, lamp, and the picture on the wall. Next I tore down a couple of sheets of paper (Rives Lightweight) to the proper size. Then I inked the block (see second image above), and printed a proof. That one looked good, so I printed a second copy. Hung them up to dry. Sometime during the coming week I'll start the coloring.

Today's mail included a prospectus for a juried show at the Arts Guild of Rahway, open to people who live or work in Union County. I fall into the latter group. I've seen the space before. It's a nice old converted building. I have considered submitting a proposal for an exhibition there, so maybe entering this show would be a nice introduction of my work to the space. The slides aren't due until the end of July, so I have time to consider it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home