Sunday, May 13, 2007

Babel Rising

A busy day today, with Mother's Day stuff, and helping my brother bring a load of furniture and stuff from his storage unit to his new house. But when that was done, I went directly to the Studio for a few hours. I added a couple of layers to the latest version of my tower sketch, so that this one has now grown a little taller than the first. Still have a ways to go, quite a bit to figure out, but I feel like I have a little better idea of what I'm doing. Some of the recent improvements have been in the transitions from one section to another. These are important in creating relationships and flows between the radically different pieces, complicated further by the plan to color the image. It's a lot more work doing one of these large complex compostions, but the results I've gotten from past ones shows that it's worth the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home