Sunday, April 29, 2007

More From The Tower

Had enough free time today to get up to the Studio. Since it was such a nice day, before doing anything else, I took a stroll over to Cookman Ave in Asbury Park. Since the demise of Landmark Books in Manasquan, I haven't got a local outlet for my art, and I'd like to change that. Most of the galleries in this region focus on the beach scenes, flowers, and general over the couch art, or are more devoted to the framing business than promoting art. One place where I'm more likely to find galleries that are willing to handle stuff like I do is Asbury. I didn't do anything specifically yet, just looking around.

Back in the Studio itself, I started by doing a little grading of student work. Normally I do that at home, but with my brother and his stuff and his cats staying with me for a few weeks, I decided to take advantage of the space to spread out all the large work. But most of the time was spent continuing to work on my notes for the next big project, the one relating to that Tower of Babel painting. (By the way, I brought back some sample vintage Erector Set parts from Bloomfield this week, to be another possible reference for it.) I'm getting a clearer image in my head of what I want. Within a few weeks I may be ready to start sketching. I'll post the full story at that point. Just as I was about to leave, Molly came by for a few minutes. We talked about the new rent (no word yet) and her own interest in finding an Asbury gallery. (the place that was selling her stuff is also out of business) She mentioned a contact at one place, and will let me know if anything comes of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home