Monday, April 23, 2007

At The Old School House

Last Monday I drove to school through a wintery mix despite a declared state of emergency, to find a handful of students that had survived the floods. Today we had practically a summer day, which can often have the same effect on attendance. But actually I had the majority of students show up today, and most of those were prepared to print their collographs, so we did that.

More exciting was that the new slides I had the department make for me are finally in. I had put in the request almost 2 months ago, leaving them a pile of my books to shoot from. We have a pretty decent slide library there, but there are always a few holes in any collection, and now I've filled some that matter to me. Some shots of the 1920's Germans like Dix and Grosz (we always had some, but now we have more), several from Masereel (they had none), a nice assortment of Die Brucke era black and white woodcuts, and some contemporary stuff. Between spring break, a change of student staff, and the rapidly disappearing options for slide developing, things took longer than expected. But they are in now and I had a chance to take a peek after class. The new photographer varied the exposures, but there enough good ones of everything to be of use. I left everything behind for a few days so they can compare the exposure records to the results (and maybe shoot dupes if they weren't done already). With the semester pretty much over anyway, I'm not going to need them until the fall anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home