Sunday, May 20, 2007

St Thecla of Iconium Part 3



The early part of the afternoon included some time helping to settle a few questions for one of the artists in the upcoming Process Exposed show. I think it's all worked out now. Before leaving the house I laid a suit on a bed, just like I planned for the new block, and did some sketches.

Late in the afternoon I got into the Studio. First order of business was finishing the block drawing. I drew that suit on the bed, redrew the phone and lamp on the table and the stuffed animal, relocated and drew the art on the wall. I added some men's shoes on the floor. I decided to go with paint on the wall instead of patterned wallpaper. The simpler design will help it fit in better with the rest of the series.

Then came some cutting. Did the border first as usual. I cut parts of different sections, so that I could leave lots of different areas to demonstrate cutting for Tuesday. It's possible that I may do a little more cutting tomorrow after work, but more likely I just use the time to get the Studio cleaned up and ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home