Thursday, May 31, 2007

St Thecla of Iconium Part 7 --Finished

I went online early this morning and looked up antique Princess phones, noting the color options. The one I have (left behind by my grandmother) is ivory, but they also came in pastel shades of pink, blue, and turquoise, as well as white, black, yellow, and red. I put in my usual work day, then got to the Studio around 4:30. After looking at my progress from yesterday, I decided to make a few small adjustments to the first prooof. I put a pastel turquoise color over the ivory I had colored the phone yesterday. This not only added a bit of color to that area, but it balanced out that green on the stuffed animal, so the latter no longer seems out of place. I darkened the tabletop with a wash of sepia and black, and decided that the print is done. I went ahead and taped down my other proof of this print to the board, but I'll save the coloring for another time.

I left the Studio around 6 pm, and stopped by the Belmar Arts Council to attend an interest meeting regarding a plan to have a summer co-op gallery in our building. Lots to be worked out, so there will be another meeting next week. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to participate, but I plan to go to the next meeting. Meanwhile, I volunteered to gallery sit there tomorrow, during some of the open hours we're having for people to see the current photography show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home