Friday, June 01, 2007

Art Around Town


Always a lot to do on days I don't go into one of my jobs. One of my tasks today was to look into the upcoming Manasquan Art Walk. They did one of these last summer, where various businesses on Main Street had local artists hang artwork in their windows for a few days, with one evening set aside for little receptions at each location. I was sort of a participant. The top photo shows the front window of the former Landmark Books, with a triptych of paintings by Stephen Zorochin, while inside there was a show of about 40 of my prints displayed around the store on walls and in cases, as you see in the second photo.

They are doing two more events this summer, the first in about 3 weeks, and so I dropped by the chamber of commerce to investigate. It's going to be a little different this year- instead of hanging artwork in the windows of businesses, all artists will be displaying their work outside of the stores. That means I would have to bring my display racks and stay with the art for the whole 4 hour event. I need to check my calendar before I submit my application.

From there I made a quick run up to the Studio, going inside just long enough to grab my rolled up sketches for my tower project, then down to Belmar to open up the BAC building for planned gallery hours. I knew I'd have a lot of time to myself, so I used the quiet time to advance my tower sketch a little bit. I'm hoping to be ready to start drawing on the block itself by the end of next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home