Sunday, June 10, 2007

A History of Art part 3

Got up to the Studio for a while in the afternoon. I ended up on the phone for quite a bit of that time, but I did get some work done on the new block. I drew the border first as usual, then started drawing the tower itself. Today I began with one of the corners of the base layer. This corner happens to be the television of my early years, a 1965 Zenith b&w console model, which remained the main tv in the house until around 1974. I did see color tv occasionally at the homes of friends and relatives, but most of my early tv viewing was black and white. Sometimes I wonder if my interest in black and white prints comes out of this early way of looking at the world. I'll put a picture on the tv screen some time before the drawing is done, but that's a long way from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home