Friday, January 11, 2008

Holiday Treat From David Lasky

Got a great present in the mail today- a New Year's watercolor from by old college friend David Lasky. Dave and I go way back to the first college art class I ever took, and he was in most of the undergraduate art classes I took after that, including my first printmaking classes. We collaborated on a number of comics projects over the next few years, but none proved commercially viable. (yet) I decided to put my comics career on hold and pursue graduate degrees in printmaking, but Dave kept up with the comics, eventually relocating to Seattle and achieving quite a reputation in the independent comics world. This year as a holiday gift he sent out a bunch of small (the image area above is 3" x 2.5") watercolor paintings based on French New Wave and related cinema. I got one of his Alphaville images, as you see above. For the rest of the story of these cool little paintings, as well as a link to a bunch of others, check out his blog. You can see a little sampling of some of his comic pages on his main website, here and there around the internet, and at better independent comic shops everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home