Tuesday, August 05, 2008

St Leonard of Vandoeuvre part 8


I went into the Studio for a while in the afternoon. First order of business was to finish (more or less) the proof I started coloring on Sunday. After looking at the possibilities in the different services, I chose to go with a blue dress uniform for the soldier seen through the window. That seemed to work with the color palette of the rest of the print.

Next, I stretched the second proof on a board, and once the tape dried, started the coloring process. This time I started with the light tan color on the lower part of the main building. Otherwise, most of the colors are pretty much the same ones that I ended up with on the first proof, just that I got there directly, and sometimes applied them with slightly lighter washes. One result is that the saint name may be a little easier to read the second time around, though if I had it to do all over again, I might make those letters a little bolder. I definitely like the second one better so far. I may add a slight dulling wash to the main building, and a few other minor adjustments, tomorrow before the monthly group crit in the Studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home