Thursday, June 04, 2009

Brave New Salon



Tonight I went to a Salon event at the Belmar Arts Council. We have these once in a while- artists who have work on the wall during an exhibition are invited to talk about the pieces. Not a critique, just a brief explanation and maybe a few questions. We had the regular monthly member meeting in the back room, then moved to the front room for the discussion. There are about 50 works in the show, and maybe 8 or 9 of the artists were present tonight, including me. A little part of my print (the boardwalk tattoo print) can be seen at the far right of the above photo. Mine was probably the most unusual of all those we looked at tonight, but it got a good response. If I make it to the reception on Saturday, I'll probably be explaining it to a lot more people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home