Saturday, July 18, 2009

Boardwalk Arcade part 25

Most of today's coloring was devoted to the figures. All got some basic skin tones and most got their clothing colored in. Also added more details to some of the machines. I decided to try changing the color of the back wall in the right panel, adding a light wash of green. I liked it and did it on the other side as well. It sits back just as well as the blue wash did, but I think it works better in the overall color palette. The more color is filled in, the better I like it. Some of the key colors are more balanced now, even as the distribution of color feels more and more chaotic. I think this will contribute to the arcade feel. When I showed the very early progress at the Thursday critique group, one of the artists recalled Belmar Playland as a noisy place, between the kids and all the machines, and felt some of that in the print. Color is one way to create noise on the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home