Monday, April 05, 2010

New and Old Faces in the Studio

Wasn't sure what to expect with tonight's meeting of the critique group. No one had replied to any of my e-mail reminders, and a number of the regulars had said they didn't expect to be there. On the other hand, I had promoted it to my students, and if any showed up I'd like to have a few artists there for them to look at. Just before 7 pm Molly called to see if I heard anything yet. Not then, but a few minutes into hand printing the new block a few came through the door. Then a few more and a few more. When we started about quarter past 7, we had 12 people in attendance, though only 5 presenting art. The photo above shows (from left to right) Adam's sculpture, paintings from Edy, ceramics from Dean, and mixed media artworks from Mary. Later I would put my new print up on the board in place of something discussed previously. Adam brought a couple of friends new to the critique, and two of my college students showed up with what I assume were their dates. With only 5 artists showing we could give everyone a little more discussion time. Reactions to my new print were generally positive. Next time everyone sees it there will be color on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home