Thursday, April 01, 2010

Relief


The Belmar Arts Council is in the process of putting together the 6th Annual Statewide Juried Art show. It was the 2nd Annual that was introduction to the organization (I joined at the same time that I submitted work to it), and I've been in all subsequent editions, including winning Best In Show a few years ago. Artists can submit up to two works, but at most only one will be in the show, and with the large number of applicants each year there is no guarantee of that. Last weekend was the intake for the show and I submitted two prints- a Floating World print (Wheel Game) , and my large A History of Art print (seen above), neither of which has been shown there before.

I was a little concerned yesterday when I got an e-mail from the committee organizing this year's show, stating that I would not be included in this year's exhibition, and that I needed to come pick up my work. This show traditionally draws a wide variety of entries in terms of style, medium, and quality, and based on this I believed that the jurors would certainly choose to include one of mine. When I left the Studio today I stopped by the Boatworks on the way home to pick up my work. As it turned out, the e-mail was not quite properly worded- the rejection was just for one piece, but the other was in. When I got home later I found a new e-mail confirming this.

So the piece above, A History of Art, is the one that was chosen. The exhibition will open with a reception on April 10th from 3 to 5 pm, and will remain on display through April 30th. I'll post further details as I learned them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home