Friday, April 02, 2010

Lost At Sea

April 1st has come and gone, and some may have noticed that there haven't been any updates on the For Love Not Money project. I got my starting half out in the mail on time, e-mailed a photo of it to my collaborator to allow him a head start thinking about it, and sat back to wait for the one he's starting to arrive in my home mailbox. About two weeks later I received an e-mail from my counterpart on Mauritius saying he received the e-mail, and was excited by the image I was sending, but he hadn't received the actual card yet. That wasn't a huge surprise- it may take a while for mail to reach the tiny island. He also said that he hadn't actually finished making one to send me. That bothered me a bit more, since I was supposed to be done adding to whatever he sends me by April 1st.

With no new news, I sent a couple of e-mails to Mauritius in early March, requesting an update on either card. Never heard back. Mid-March I sent an update to our organizer, letting her know what was going on and that I had doubts about the deadline. Turned out I wasn't the only one having this problem- a lot of the printmakers from Mauritius were not keeping their end up. She extended our deadline to mid-April and promised to contact their organizer to see if they could be prodded back to work. Whether it will bring results remains to be seen, but I'll post an update when I know something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home