Friday, April 02, 2010

Scholarly Pursuits



Over the past week I've devoted a bit of time to helping someone with their homework. The reason is that my artwork is apparently a significant part of the homework. Someone currently studying at the Princeton Theological Seminary is working on a project involving artistic adaptations of wisdom books from the Bible, and his internet search turned up my Ecclesiastes series. Got an e-mail about a week ago requesting more information, images, etc. A few days ago I e-mailed him a statement that (I hope) answered a lot of his questions about my interest in the book, and how and why I produced my series. Today I put together a mailing that included a bunch of postcards and photos of some popular prints from the set, as well as some relevant paperwork relating to the series. Sent it on its way to Princeton this afternoon. I was invited to actually come speak to the class as well, but my schedule won't allow that. Above are two prints from the series- All is vanity and a chase after the wind (2000) and The sun rises and the sun goes down (2002).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home