Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boardwalk Mini Golf part 38

Didn't get everything done today that I had hoped to, but my 3+ hours in the Studio allowed me to get this proof to this state, which may be finished. (if so I'll add the usual notation to the post title next time) Today's coloring included a number of significant changes from the first proof. The biggest is the individual greens. After looking at a few Hokusai prints I decided to take the light turquoise/teal color that I had used on the clown's pants, and used it to do all the golf greens, rather than the darker, duller green I had the first time. Makes everything a little brighter, and it eliminated the issue of having that particular color appear only on the clown and nowhere else. With that hue no longer available for the clown's pants (still used it on the hat, face, and collar), I went with some ultramarine.

The other changes are bits of clothing on many of the players. Going clockwise from the top left: the standing woman's blouse is now pink instead of light violet, the boy's shirt is a slightly different shade of light green, the girl's bikini top is a lighter shade of violet and her shorts now light blue instead of khaki, the shirt of the boy leaning against the pipe rail fence is now green (instead of orange) and his shorts light violet (instead of light green), the girl's bikini has gone from light green to pink, the woman pushing the stroller has her dress making the same change, and the shirt on the kid being helped by his father is a deeper green than the first time.

When I had the two proofs side by side, I definitely preferred this new version. I'll sleep on it, and go over the proof again tomorrow to make sure that I didn't miss anything, but unless I notice something unusual, this is likely what the final version will look like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home