Friday, September 24, 2010

CityArts Opening Night


I was back in Asbury Park in the evening for the opening of the CityArts festival. Things kicked off at Second Life Bikes on Main Street. Second Life is an interesting operation, employing young teens to repair bikes in exchange for earning a used one of their own, in addition to selling second hand bikes to interested customers. The place was hosting a bike themed art show, co-hosted by the BAC, so I would have checked that out anyway even if I didn't have anything going on in the festival myself. They had a very good crowd.


Great refreshments as well. The Windmill (located across the street) brought over a portable grill (above) and cooked and handed out their legendary hot dogs to the crowd. No chili, but there's no way to eat one of their chili dogs with one hand standing up in a crowded gallery. Meanwhile, a bicycle powered blender (below) was used to make drinks.


I joined a walking tour that took in some of the gallery spaces in the festival.

My last minute show isn't on any of the official lists or tours, but our walk took us past it, so I was able to present it to our little group and take this photo of how it looks at night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home