Saturday, September 18, 2010

Boardwalk Nights part 15

Getting close to finishing this block. Today I tackled what was the most difficult part remaining- various interiors of businesses in the row of buildings. After a quick lunch from across the street (a chili dog from the Windmill that was a delicious as it was messy) I started at the far right of the block, the balloon game. I cut the balloons (popped and unpopped) in the background, the prizes hanging above the player (last seen in the first print from this series), and the dart thrower. Then it was the pizza place- after taking the time to draw in all the lettering for the menu board on the wall, I cut that, the walls and floor, the girl behind the counter and the kid buying a soda, the counter facing (with new pattern drawn today), and the customer eating a slice. Next was the t-shirt shop- the rack of shirts, some signs, and the customer. And I cut a tiny bit of block that includes a business at the far end of the row. (In my mind it's an ice cream stand, but there's nothing visible to say that.)

Two things remain to be dealt with in the right panel, the little girl with the ice cream, and that part of the pizza place overhang. With the latter, it's mostly because I still haven't decided what to do with it yet. I like having a dark shape there, so that might impact what I do. What remains on the left side is mostly figures. I need to consider shadow patterns on all of them, but otherwise it should go quickly, so I should be finished after the next session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home