Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Another Long Day

This is one of those weeks where I'm busy morning, noon, and night. In addition to getting up early to work intense jobs during the day, Monday night I had the critique, last night I had the woodcut class, and tonight was a drawing night in Belmar. Luckily all those evening activities are fun, so after each I had more energy than when I started, but I'm still glad that tomorrow is a much shorter work day.

The above drawing was the best of the night, taking about an hour, not including model breaks. The model liked it, although she felt that the face looked a little "severe", reminding her a little bit of my smoker print. The woman in the drawing does look a bit angry, but others have noted I have a tendency to do that. Actually her favorite part of it was the little light spot by the elbow on the right side. I'm glad that I went to the trouble to get that part right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home