Thursday, December 01, 2011

St Benno part 7


When I finished cutting the current block a few weeks ago, I stated that I planned to print it at next session of my woodcut workshop, where it could serve as a demonstration. However, at that session a few days ago, my one student was all prepared to move on to the next step in her project and that kept me pretty busy for the next two hours.

Today I had a few hours to spare in the middle of the day, so I finally had some time to get into the Studio and proof the block. The block had a slight warp in it, making it slightly difficult to roll ink onto a few spots, but otherwise it went pretty much as expected. Below is the first proof.

I pulled a second proof as well before cleaning up. They should be dry enough to try coloring it over the weekend, which will give me something to show at next week's critique group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home