Thursday, June 14, 2012

Boardwalk Days part 8



I decided to commit to the two panel standard diptych format for this block, and the most recent version of the scene, with the two lamp posts to either side.  So yesterday I stopped by briefly to prepare a block.  Had a few pieces of wood already cut to size, so it was just surfacing it with wood filler.  Didn't bring the camera yesterday, but I've shown this part of the process before.  Today I was back for a few hours, bringing my paper sketch with me.  I produced a simplified version (in mirror reverse) of that sketch on the block.  The next step will be to adjust perspective and proportions in the basic structures, and after that, a lot of detail.  Figures are a long way off, but at least this thing is started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home