Friday, December 14, 2012

Last Minute Prints


One week left of school in the fall semester, which means that some of the students have finally realized they are almost out of time to finish their assigned work.  All my classes are given some kind of print project, which we did in class weeks, or even months ago.  They start them in one class, and we print the results in class a few weeks later.  (the hurricane meant that in some cases they ended up with a lot longer to finish their blocks and plates)  I have a tote bag with my portable printing kit- a glass palette, black ink, and a variety of brayers and printing implements, along with my print shop apron.  I bring it on the planned printing day, but I usually don't have time in subsequent weeks to set all that up, so I just bring late arriving projects back to the Studio and quickly print them there.  The above photo is actually from two years ago, but it's a lot like what I dealt with today- a mix of woodcuts and collagraphs that were turned in over the last week.

That was completed quickly, so I took advantage of the relatively nice weather to take a walk and check out some art on Cookman Avenue.  I haven't had time to set foot in Asbury since before the hurricane.  Didn't bother to wander up to the boardwalk, just to some galleries.  As with neighboring Ocean Grove, no sign of storm damage at the end of town away from the beach, though I heard stories of significant destruction from people who live and work closer to the shoreline.

Didn't get any further with the Christmas card yet, but I hope to get it drawn and cut in the next few days, so I can print them early next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home