Friday, May 10, 2013

Art News Update



Time to catch up on some art news.  I went down to my parents' house today to help with some yard work (about time to get the vegetable garden ready) and my mother told me that I was mentioned in an art review in the Asbury Park Press.  At first I was thinking it was a write up about the Art on the Edge show that's up on the walls at the Boatworks and opens tomorrow night.  However, it turned out it was a review of the current Preemptive Strike show up in Rahway.  Not a location that normally gets reviewed in a Monmouth newspaper, but the whole show has its roots down here, so it makes sense.  As you can see above, the article is called "Swimming upstream", by Ralph J Bellantoni.  He's covered me in other reviews.  Maybe he remembers my work from previous shows.  Not a whole lot about me- just a line about how one artist's digital prints "spar with the wistfulness of Paul Bonelli's hand colored woodcuts." Worse things have been written about my work in the press.  I had no luck finding it on the APP website, but a further search turned it up on the website of a Morristown area newspaper, published 3 days ago.

A bit of news that I did know about a few days ago but didn't get a chance to post here, is that two of my entries were accepted at the upcoming 40th Annual Members exhibition at PCNJ.  The ones that will be going to the show are two pieces that were done for specific shows in Belmar last year- my house shaped print and the Animal Spirits print.  With school about to end, I'll have plenty of time to get them ready and up to the gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home