Thursday, May 23, 2013

St Pamphilus part 9



Back in the Studio today for a few hours to work on different projects, but the main thing accomplished was advancing the latest saint print through the coloring process.  I darkened the pancake color- the same color paint, just more of it.  Haven't found my regular fine line brush yet, but found one that at least allowed me to fill in the dark blue for the stripe around the edge of the plate.  The most notable difference is I put in the color for the steam tray of sausages, which sets up a strong value contrast with the plate, hands, and eggs.  I added a little bit of color here and there in the background.

The more I look at this, the more sure I am that I will have to go back and cut a little more out of this block.  The solid black in the background characters in the upper left is too strong to balance with the kind of colors I imagine using in that part of the composition, and the black line that marks the top (far) edge of the pancake is way too heavy.  I think that all the colors in the hands, plate, and food are working well, so once I've recut and printed the background area, I just need to choose colors  that will work with what I have here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home