Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Summer Critique Surprise



Due to some complications in Molly's schedule, she wasn't available for the critique on Monday of this week, but she decided she could do it tonight.  We put the word out and several people were able to make it on short notice, giving us a decent crowd, including a few people we hadn't seen in a while.  Other than a particularly obnoxious rendition of "My Way" being rehearsed repeatedly in the space above the cafeteria (where we were holding it) it was a pretty good evening.  The photo above has some prints from Mary, the little shoe sketches that Molly showed a few months ago, plus one of those shoes screened onto a t-shirt, plus some post-it note doodles from TJ.  Below is a close up shot of some of those doodles, a product of an overnight job, something I have some familiarity with.




Jane hadn't been around for several months, an effect of living on the other side of the state, but she's been using that time to work on art. Above are various paintings in progress.  Edy has also been absent for a while, and also traditionally keeps busy with art year round.  Below are two paintings of hers.



Christina (friend of Molly's who comes a few times per year) showed a large collection of vintage photographs that she had collected, some of which she has manipulated to create art, as in the framed example above.  She has lots more planned.

Not surprisingly, I brought my freshly printed collage piece.  It got a very good response- people being shocked that I had made it, though for me it's a reworking of a 20 year old project.  I got some suggestions for how to mount it, and I will consider these since I didn't really have a plan yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home