Thursday, October 23, 2014

Supermarket Rubble part 6




Still a bit rainy this morning (reports were about 4" total had fallen in the area yesterday), but now just light showers and sprinkles.  I could have continued working from home, but I felt like getting out of the house, so around mid-day I packed up the block and some supplies and drove up to the Studio.  When I arrived the block looked as it does in the above photo- like the last time I showed it, plus the truck sketch that I had started.

I started on that truck, which occupied much of my attention yesterday.  I brought the model truck with me.   Kept it in the same place on the block, but spent time adjusting the shapes, proportions, etc to make it more accurate.  Next I redrew the tree in the background, from a sketch I had made of one of the actual trees in that lot.  I went back to my sketches of the brick guy and redrew the figure to better match my original self portrait sketch.  I fixed up all the shopping carts in the area, and some of the details in my shopping cart corral area.  Made some minor adjustments to the other cars in the scene, though all will require more work.  Roughed in a few possible vehicles in the upper left corner.  Something is needed to function as background in this area but whether it's this or something else has yet to be determined.  When I ended the Studio session, the block was at the state below.


I brought it home to look at, and will continue with the drawing of it over the weekend.  I think it's coming together and this will eventually fit well with the rest of the series.

On another topic, while there I checked those proofs that I pulled last week with the new ink.  All dry and looked fine.  The coloring experiments can wait until another time.  And I picked up the crate of bench hooks I made for my woodcut class.  It won't be running this fall, but I'l make them available to my 2D class on Monday for them to use on our woodcut day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home