Saturday, October 04, 2014

Keeping Busy



I've been giving lots of thought to the latest print, a new part of the supermarket series, but various things in life have kept me from getting much done.  I hope to work on it more next week.  Still got to the Studio today for another regular purpose- using the space to get my grading done.  This semester I have a 2D Design and a Basic Drawing.  The classes will go in different directions, but the first few weeks have some common exercises and projects.  This week on Monday and Friday each class did their final line drawing project, and next week both will move on to charcoal, though after that they diverge.  Having them on similar plans for a while is efficient- same set of props for both still lifes, and one grading session for both classes.  Part of the grading was done in the classroom, evaluating accuracy and completion from the student drawing positions and looking at the still life set up as they saw it.  Other aspects of the drawings (line quality, etc) can be dealt with later, and today was that day for both classes.  The big table and excellent light make it a much better place to work than my apartment, and I got that done.  Next stop- art opening in Belmar.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home