Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lightning Critique part 2



The first Monday this month was the Labor Day holiday, and so that was out for our critique group.  And Molly told me she couldn't make the 2nd Monday of the month either, and my schedule isn't allowing me to do Tuesdays right now, so she suggested the Wednesday of this week.  I put the word out, then she called me at school last night to tell me she had just realized she had something else to do and would't be coming.  Too late to change it, so once again I'd be running it myself.

Preparing for school has kept me too busy to think about art the past few weeks, so this afternoon I began preliminary planning for a new supermarket print, doing a sketch there in my Studio in the hours before the scheduled crit.  I got it done in time for the 7:00 start, but there was no one else there.  I was considering giving up when my woodcut student Mary showed up about quarter after.  As happened during the last month that opened with a federal holiday, we had just me and one other person.  Mary brought a new block in progress, a portrait of a person she met on a day in NYC that she considers one of the most artistically exciting of her life.  There's a lot of fine detail in the block that we hope survives into printing.  My drawing is just a rough idea, but she liked the concept.  I closed up the shop, and then the building around 8:00 and went home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home