Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's Around the Corner


I have about a week of school left, one class at each school.  That means that Christmas is just around the corner and I've got to get going on my annual Christmas card.  In the past the subject was often chosen based on something seen that year, but I haven't been to a museum in ages.  Over the past week I spent many hours looking through my art books, seeking inspiration for a new card.  Yesterday I finally made a decision, and today I began doing some sketching on paper, thinking about how I'm going to adapt the original work for my card.  It is my custom not to reveal this until I post the card here on Christmas day, but I can say that this year's card will be based on something related to my brief run as a printmaking professor this past fall.  I plan to do the block drawing tomorrow, and ideally, cut and print a few prototypes by Thursday.  That would allow me to get it colored and photographed well ahead of the 25th.  The full print run may not happen until January, but such is the life that goes along with college teaching.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home