Monday, December 08, 2014

Secret Critique


Officially winter is still a few weeks away, but lately we've had a lot of days that felt like winter.  This morning was gray and very cold, but dry at least.  Forecasts call for a nor'easter of heavy rain to arrive tomorrow, but my long drive to school was not affected by weather, and all my loading and unloading of stuff for class was fine.  Driving home, as I got near the Neptune/Tinton Falls area I noticed what looked like snow on the ground alongside the Parkway.  Not deep, but everywhere.  Not good.  So on the way home I diverted to the Studio to check out conditions there.  No sign of snow in our parking lot, and nothing falling at the moment, so I assumed we were still on for tonight's critique.

Okay, not so much a secret critique, but the batteries in my camera were dead, and what I thought were spare ones in my bag were also dead, so those of us who were there were the only witnesses to tonight's art.   We had five artists bring work, plus one stop by just long enough to pass out invitations to an event.  Later my father told me that there was snow falling much of the day.  No accumulations, but maybe some potential participants were spooked enough to stay home.  I showed the latest supermarket block, which includes changes suggested at the last crit.  Molly had some prints on Japanese paper, Mary showed a new block in progress- perhaps the beginning of a new series based on a day in NYC, her daughter Katie had a mixed media print/photo also with origins in that same day in the city, and Lisa had 3 new found object sculptures.  You'll just have to take my word for it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home