Monday, November 10, 2014

Woodcuts in Union


Lot of woodcut activity going on up in Union today, on the Kean University campus.


First, my 2D class was printing their woodcut assignment.  Same one I've been giving for decades, an illustration from a literary work.  Eight students showed up with their completed blocks today, so that's what got printed.  Above are proofs of those blocks.  I'm hoping that the other ones turn up next week.



Last week I brought in two pieces for the latest Faculty show.  The installation was scheduled for over the weekend, and it did get done.  The show doesn't officially open until Thursday, but viewers were welcome to see the show today and so I took a quick peek.  My contribution is two from the boardwalk series that haven't been shown on campus before.  Not my newest pieces but relatively recent, and large enough to hold their own in a big room where most of the art is pretty big.  The reception is on Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 4 to 6 pm in the James Howe Gallery in the Vaughn Eames building.  The gallery is open weekdays through December 19th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home