Monday, November 03, 2014

Another Critique Night


It's critique time again.  Molly said she was definitely up for it, so I got word out to the dozen people on my list.  Didn't hear back from many, but I had picked up some cheese near my school, so I headed to Ocean Grove to see who showed up.


We had six people show up, five bringing art.  Above, clockwise from top left- two mixed media prints from recently arrived in Ocean Grove printmaker Catherine, a silk screen print from Molly, two ink drawings from Molly, and my current block, not yet seen by anyone in the group.  Below, two stuffed fabric pieces from Lisa, and two ceramic pieces from Margery.


Reaction to my block was very positive, a common theme being that the expanded composition was an improvement over the early sketches of just the man by his car.  A few small suggestions were made, ideas I'll play around with in the coming days, and if they look promising, I'll consider a few changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home