Thursday, November 20, 2014

Class Homework



Back in the Studio again today, but this time I was working for my class, not for myself.  A few weeks ago my 2D class printed their woodcut project in class, with pretty nice results.  That is, the ones who were there with completed blocks printed their projects.  Three students were either absent or lacking the block.  This week one of those three was there with her block, but the other two were still missing.  I had my printmaking bag in the car, and if all three were there with blocks I might have gone out there and brought it back to the classroom, but not for just the one.  (if you're from my area you know what the weather was like that day- at one point some students were fearing just getting back to the dorms) The better solution in this case is just to take the block home and on a day when I'm in the Studio, just quickly crank out the print.  Forgot the block at home yesterday, but I made sure I had it today.  I used the same water soluble ink that I used in the classroom.  The whole process, including clean up, took less than an hour.  The bag is back in my car.  If the last two students are ready to go next week, maybe we'll do them that day, or maybe I'll take them home again.  It may just depend on the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home