Monday, March 16, 2015

Supermarket Rubble part 19



Spring Break is here.  For some people that means a trip to warmer locations, but I'll just settle for most of the snow having melted and time to work on some art.  Was back in the Studio today for several hours, mostly working on the new block.  I finished drawing the shopping carts on the left side, and redrew the pile of bricks to clean up the shapes.  I had been thinking for a while how I was going to handle cutting this section.  This would be easy with color- just throw down some brick red paint and be done with it.  My solution was to cut the outlines of all the brick edges, and then to put a speckled texture on all the rest of the ground.  As I always tell my students, a pattern or texture in the black and white will tie a whole area together, the brain making it whole.  So the bricks will become a unified section, set off by the unified texture of asphalt.  The detail section of the cutting is shown above, and the current state of the whole block is below.  Did a rubbing to check to see how it's coming, and I believe this solution will work (and now that it's cut, it better) but the final proof will come when I take a proof in several days.  I suppose that's why they call it a proof.


I have more asphalt to cut, as well as all the area along the top, but so far so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home