Thursday, March 19, 2015

Supermarket Rubble part 21


Had a busy day today, with a long list of things to do, complicated by today's St Joseph's Day holiday and news of yet another snow storm arriving tomorrow.  My third stop of the day was up at the Studio around noon.  After parking I went across the street to get a slice of pizza, which I brought back to eat in the lunch room.  Herb was busy cutting off and distributing slices and hunks of pepper jack cheese, working to get rid of the whole thing, finding it too hot.  Nothing is too hot for Studio Arrabbiata, so I was happy to take some off his hands.


Lunch done, I went down to my space to continue work on the current block.  As I was leaving the building yesterday, I put my stuff in my car, grabbed a piece of scrap paper, and did a quick sketch of a group of three cars in our lot.  All the redrawing and erasing of the female figure I had in that corner had obliterated one of the cars I had put there, and I decided it would be easier to just put in three new ones than try to figure out what had been there before.  So I took care of putting in the new cars first.  Then I continued cutting that section, moving the texture into all the areas in the corner and most of the way across the block.  The cars were done with mostly vertical stripes, so today I was making a bunch of gray.  I had a long list of other things to get to today, so this was a short session.  Above is the area I cut today, and below is the current state of the whole block.  Weather tomorrow may keep me stuck inside all day, so I may finally get around to making the rest of the decisions that I've been putting off, and I can finish cutting it, print it, and photograph it for submission to the next Belmar show.


A bunch more tasks followed, then home to watch some of the tournament (I'll update the status of my art schools after the first round is over) and enjoy the holiday feast.


Tonight I went with fettucini with the family meat sauce, a nearly perfect combination, and the traditional cannoli cream filled zeppole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home