Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sink Construction Complete


As I was updating the blog with information about the previous sink building session, I had a thought.    I had stopped last time after mounting the long front and back sides, figuring I could put the two end pieces on quickly, perhaps even waiting until after it was hooked up.  But attaching the end piece toward the corner of the room might become more difficult when it gets hooked up to the plumbing, and it may not be so easy to move the whole structure around the room.  So when I was finished with my Studio work today, I called Mary to see if she was able to let me knock out the last step this afternoon.  She was, so once I was able to find parking (summer seems to be here now, so beach towns are full of problems) I got to her space and got to work.


Luckily today's task wouldn't require as many tools, as I had to carry things from a few blocks away.  The plan was simple.  Take one of the 6 foot boards, cut two 33 inch pieces, and connect the front and  back sides, making a frame.  Drill holes, drive screws.  The right angle clamp (above) wasn't for measuring purposes, but more just to help hold one end in place while I was drilling the other end.  From start to finish today was less than an hour.


So far Mary is very satisfied with the results.  The black plastic sink basin isn't mounted, just resting on the joists in the frame, but it is pretty much contained, with only a little bit of each plastic end overhanging, all part of the plan.  That last board sitting in the sink will eventually be used to make a piece of flat counter that can sit over the top, but that will wait until the rest is done.  And at this point, there is nothing else I can do until the plumbing is hooked up.  She's hoping to get that done sometime next month.  Meanwhile, she can organize the rest of the space in anticipation of her new studio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home