Thursday, August 11, 2016

Back to the Selfies




The Selfies show in Belmar isn't for several weeks yet, but whatever I submit will require some work,  so I figured today was a good day to do some of it.  One of the options I am considering is taking the above print, adding some fresh background behind the face, and popping it into a frame.  This image is from my Fourth of July series, the idea of me on the way back to Illinois.  Thinking about it recently I was considering making use of another print in the series set on that road, showing a cluster of super tall signs for hotel/fast food/gasoline chains, not typical here in New Jersey, but common enough in the wide open midwest.  I figured I'd proof it today, and after it dried a few days, color it.  Then cut it up and collage it into this piece.  Unfortunately, when I got up to the Studio I found that the highway signs image is one of the blocks that I no longer have.  So for today I just taped this recent proof in place on a board, which I would have to do anyway, and perhaps I'll find a way to use the sign idea in the watercolors I intend to add to this one.



With nothing more I could do on that today, I continued south to Belmar to shoot some of the latest incarnation of the Art on a Line show.  The initial event was about a week and a half ago, but I had to work elsewhere that night and couldn't make it.  They ended up with a huge number of donated pieces, so things that didn't sell that first night were left on the lines, now installed on the walls after the solo show in the back room was taken down.  There are now about 150 pieces.  Don't see the two that I had donated, so I guess mine were sold before.  I believe that these will be up through September 9th (unless they all sell before then) when they will need to make room for that Selfies show.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home