Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Back To Work Yet Again part 2



Another sunny Tuesday- seems like a good day to get up to the Studio to work on this boardwalk order.  Last time I had brought with me a prototype of this print on heavy white paper.  I was confident that the colors of most of the objects in the proof were right, but I wasn't sure about all the background pieces.  Today I had a copy of the print on the Japanese paper used in the edition- same paper I printed these new ones on.  Early afternoon, so only a few cars in the building's lot.  Wasn't until after I got out of the car that I noticed the iron gate over the main door was locked.  But it looked like a large piece of paper was hanging on the door itself, so I got closer to look.  A big note telling us that the door was locked while some work was being done, but the side door was open.  Access to all the stairways leading to the basement was blocked, but not the elevator, so I took that down.

Still sticking with the light colors today, so a beige color for the table, a pale yellow in parts of the sky seen in the background, some deep cadmium yellow in some of the designs seen behind the tattoo artist on the left side, and a lighter cad yellow on parts of the large flowers around the dragon on the right side.  It's a slow process with this very light paper, but having a proper one to work from does speed up the process.  And I was right, some of the colors are different in this one from the first prototype, so I'm glad I had dug this one up before trying to color some sections of the print.  Next time I get up there, some other colors will start appearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home